Thursday, July 4, 2013

Reflection

Don't stop doing the little shit that got to me, 
before you had me after you got to me,
just know that I love what we have but I don't need you in the least, 
you know my mind races so my sport car is small and you have to earn your seat, 
I'll be right beside you until you push me to the side, 
leave me with all my baggage that you claimed I should throw aside, 
I'm just showing you the best I have instore and all you do is continue window shopping, 
no matter how many sales I have you never purchase extra toppings, 
and I'm over the top my emotions get the best of me, 
my path I run into slowly like a centipede, 
the shock value you get when you provoke me and I react, 
and you get mad when I do like why would you startle me to the point I feel like I have to attack? 
I love you is what I told you and you went overboard knowing I knew you didn't feel the same but you never let it soak in, 
If you just keep yourself sugarcoated I'll eat you and digest your emotions, 
shit out all the lies so I can get the girl I knew from highschool back, 
the one that was my best friend first later then my late night snack, 
we ended perfection and there's no going back to that, 
but why come back in my life having me think we can work on mending that? 
Love at times can be unusual it'll leave you suffering from confusion, 
how can you care about someone so much not be conscious of the fact that at anytime behind closed doors that person becomes an illusion? 
Ignored gut feeling for you and ever since my abdomen leads my steps, 
can't even explain how many times in my mind I've wept, 
We could've shared the greatest moment for a couple but we agreed too let that go like it was nothing, 
and not that I'm happy about it but I can't see myself being cool with that going down with a female that I wouldn't even speak to if I saw in public, 
We could've had that kid and I never would've seen it again cause of what we are now, 
no love lost but I went searching when I wrote this thinking back on it and my mind state now to realize there was never any love found, 
just too top it all off no I'm not bitter, 
I just got tired of you playing with my heart in your hands since you held it and let it wither... 
Drowning in my sorrows pissing away the temptations of tomorrow, 
I could live with my mistakes if I didn't keep throwing them up inside this bottle, 
females quick to talk about marriage with me, without wondering about my immediate family, 
maybe how good of a guy I am is somehow something I'm lacking, 
you say I'm the best you ever had and in my head I'm laughing, 
you don't even know me past my name, 
you probably just think I'm full of it but I'm just protecting you from me emptying insane, 
respectfully you could've been the one to change thing but you just made me worst, 
the lost one I think about now isn't you and it hurts....

No comments:

Post a Comment