Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine River

To those of us that still have a heart..

To those of us that still try to match our steps with those intricate beats.. 

To those "be mine" notes we used to write girls and stick in their lockers.. 

To those females in middle school that would listen to the rhymes I say.. 

To those Sweetheart candies you gave to her to converse if you was smart.. 

To those couple that shared this day on the beach to place their print forever with their feet.. 

    What do you think your heart is made for? May our hearts be green matter full of harmony, as our souls collide on this river acceptance is thrown together though the heart in me; might be cold yet our bond thaws out my soul, emotions never deal with erosion while on this floating locomotion on this day; in history today never meant shit to me through all the bickering & remembering my pops was born around the time I'm suppose to have the most love in me.. But keep loving me, cause I never knew my heart could beat until you walked by and I felt like I just finished a marathon but I was flat on my feet...

No comments:

Post a Comment